Tuesday, November 7, 2006

THE WONDER OF IT ALL

I was mulling the phenomenon of blogging just now, and decided to post an entry fresh with inspiration. These moments are precious and few. Therefore, I must seize the opportunity to publish them. Pffff! Why not?

A healthy fear of saying something really stupid hangs over the conscientious blogger. He or she must exercise restraint when publishing comments over such a vast expanse of readership as the Internet. I fully realize that the interjection "Pffff!" is not necessarily stupid. But not elevating one's vocabulary above that is.

Well, I feel I have succeeded in putting forth a few lines of intelligent prose. Don't you?

One side note: I occasionally like to pose a question to the reader, assuming there is one. I like to think there is. But one can't be sure using such a unilateral medium as a desktop computer.

But I digress. How I love to say that, especially in print. Gutenburg, you reinvented life!

Whatever. Who in their right (or left) mind would want to read this blog of mine? I hold on to an ongoing hope that someone will post a comment saying:

"I read with interest your blog post dated _______, and found I agree/disagree on this/that point(s). Here's why..."

Is that so impossible? Hope springs eternal.

No comments: