Friday, March 20, 2009

ACRONYM FOR THE DAY : UI

Even though I've titled this blog "Worldview Window," I reserve the right to, every now and then, blog about something recreational. Having become recently unemployed, I have found my downsizing to be a mixed blessing, both to former employer and myself. Obviously, the f/e enjoys more room under their "salary cap," while I, the former employee, enjoy "freedom."

Because I have a retirement account set up, and the dubious benefit of unemployment insurance, I am presently able to enjoy taking my time finding a job. Although the ominous zero account balance looms on the horizon if I fail to secure gainful employment to avert such catastrophe, I shall from time to time venture away from the mundane environs of city life and join the ranks of those escapees who have ditched their surly bonds to the asphalt jungle.

I am speaking of going to Canyon Lake here in Arizona with a friend who has refurbished his boat, a miniscule two-man affair, for a short day-trip to the countryside. Too bad I don't have a digital camera. Otherwise I could chronicle the entire adventure here!

Well, blogs away! I'll see you on the other side.

No comments: