Thursday, March 10, 2011

SOME IE9 QUIRKS

This is a test post to see if Internet Explorer 9 (Release Candidate 9.0.8080.16413, to be exact :) allows me (yet) to "bold" my font on blogger.com. It seemed like the last time I used IE9, certain formatting buttons would not function at all, or incorrectly.

Well, I'm giving IE9RC another shot! Wow, it works!!! OK, I had to use the keyboard.

Now let's try underlining...yup. OK, I had to use the keyboard again. If I use the formatting buttons here on Blogger, IE9RC causes the cursor to jump to another location and skip formatting altogether. Some release candidate! Just kidding (sort of).

Colored font? Here is the key: Select the color you want before typing. You cannot select text to change its color after you have typed it. Done!

Here is the scoop in a nutshell: Color your font before typing when using IE9RC. You can select text after typing to bold, italicize, and underline-- but not color. This is for IE9 only!  Clear? Also, consider the background color(s) of your blog. This may cause difficulty reading too similar or clashing colored font/backgrounds.

My other concern is seeing all of my previous posts for the last 7-ish years in this template! Whoa! Can I read all of it? We'll see...

IE9RC is quirky. I just tried formatting this text with the buttons: no go. Keyboard shortcuts work, however. This combination of functionality/nonfunctionality can be frustrating. Go back to Chrome (http://chrome1.net/), et al, for this quirk to be non-existent.

Questions? Comments. Have a nice session!

No comments: