Wednesday, March 24, 2010

RUNNING THE HUMAN RACE

Is that a catchy title or what?

It brings attention to the question which came up today in a piece on the KTAR website about the 2010 U.S. Census and its confusing queries about race and ethnicity.

I too was stumped by the separate questions, and wondered if I was both white and Hispanic-- not that there's anything wrong with that :)

Help me out here. Can we not just call ourselves part of the HUMAN RACE, and leave the question forever answered in the affirmative for all humans? I am a firm believer in this assertion, and abhor the idea that some of us are part of a different race. Let us repent of this subtle deception forever.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against recognizing ethnic origins. That's all well and good. It's in the Bible. But I feel the "race" question is already settled.

No comments: