Friday, March 19, 2010

REVIVAL IS WHAT WE NEED

Just a thought: while reading (scanning) the headlines at the Arizona Republic's website, it occurred to me that all the good things that happen in the world can be attributed to God, because the Bible says:

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." (James 1:17)

I like the way the Holman Christian Standard Bible says the first part: "Every generous act..." This is actually closer to the Greek, according to my Jay Green translation.

This gives me pause, and I wonder if God will not plant another revival seed somewhere in the world today and let us see His work in the hearts of people who desperately need Him in their lives. We will indeed see the effects of this work in our lifetime, if He chooses to do so.

May God be praised for His gracious deliverance from all evil in Jesus' Name.

No comments: