Thursday, October 29, 2009

A BRIEF DISTRACTION

It has been my wont of late to get up early and blog about the chapter in the Bible I am currently in. Today is the Book of Jeremiah, chapter 21. First, I read it in my Bible. Next, I listen to it online at BibleGateway.com. Then, I go to SermonAudio.com and pick a sermon from among many on the chapter. While the sermon is playing, I blog.

I forgot to mention I also use e-Sword (see previous post and link on side) to view commentary and dictionary usage of words and passages. One thing I noted was the spelling of King Nebuchadrezzar's name. In Hebrew, it is Neb-u-chad-rez-zar. But the common English spelling is Neb-u-chad-nez-zar, with an "n" instead of an "r." I'm going with the R this time. Sorry, traditionalists.

In any event, scouring the Internet for Biblical resources yields an abundant crop of every variety. Sad to say, many are not teaching sound doctrine, but are fattening the wallets of their professors.

Blogging can be a distraction from the business at hand. So I shall cease and desist (for now) and take up my lament (or song) later.

No comments: