Tuesday, February 5, 2019

WHY CHRISTIANS OUGHT TO BLOG

Well, in the interest of my latest motivation, which is reading Puritan literature, I felt led to post about the activity of reading, particularly the Reformed Christian doctrines of grace.

So, therefore, I am posting a link to the Banner of Truth here, mainly because of their latest article's headline: "Why Christians Must Be Readers."

 OK... Now for my confession. I have not read the above-linked article in its entirety!

I have, however, read enough of the highlights, and some paragraphs, to know it was exactly what I was thinking about: i.e., the importance and necessity for thinking Christians to strengthen and build up themselves in their most holy faith by feeding their eyes/ears/minds/hearts/souls with sound doctrine, as it was expounded by those spiritual giants whom God has ordained to be our predecessors.

Yes, as a matter of fact, that was one sentence!

Anyhow, I hope you are now able to think about thinking God's thoughts after Him by reading literature that has been universally recognized in theological, scholarly circles as having the weight and merit of divine approval when seriously compared with Holy Writ!

Wow! You now have those resources at your disposal. Start digging! Heavenly manna awaits your shovel and wheelbarrow...


No comments: