Tuesday, July 1, 2008

SAFARI SUCCESS

Well, intrepid readers, I have "stumbled upon" (to borrow a term from the web-browsing world) a keyboard shortcut in Safari's web browser (available here) which, I trust, will prove useful in all future web browsing. It was there all the time, but I have "rediscovered" it.

It is this: Ctrl+Click a hyperlink to open it in a new tab instead of a new window. I noticed on certain websites, hyperlinks open in a new window by default (in Safari, and perhaps other browsers, unless this preference is selected). Be sure to check the box "Ctrl-Click opens a link in a new tab" in the Tabs section of the Preferences section of the Edit menu in the title bar of Safari. 

I prefer using Safari, except when it doesn't work right. Then I use Internet Explorer or Firefox.

Of course, you can always right-click the link and select "Open Link in a New Tab" on the context menu, if you wish to keep your desktop uncluttered with superfluous windows. Happy surfing!

No comments: