Friday, July 6, 2007

STINK BLOG

Once again, I am pondering a name change to my blog, wondering if (and hoping) it will change the apparent lack of interest in reading my blog.  Shakespeare said, "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." I wonder if my blog "stinks."  At least I can practice being boring rather than coming at it without any practice! 

In a previous post, I mentioned "stream of consciousness." I don't fully comprehend the meaning of that term. But I do, however, pretend to sound like I know what it means. For one thing, I am able to type a lot more quickly when I am "on a roll." How's that for a highbrow definition?

Another thing I like to do when blogging is to pretend I am introducing a new topic to the discussion (What discussion? I'm talking to myself!) The internet is the only place where you can legitimately talk to yourself whilest untold multitudes of people are listening--or not. 

I have found from experience that the only way for people to find my blog is for me to use key words that they are searching with using Google or some other search engine to find something that will whet their appetite for information. Hence, the Internet is the vehicle with which more and more tech-savvy people will want to fill their otherwise empty heads with a world of stuff that will drown their sense of ...well, you know what I mean.

As I fast approach the point of this whole diatribe, I am left to consider what may be termed "Spirit-led blogging." I was born again by the Spirit of God, the Creator of the universe. He has spiritually made Himself known to me, mainly through His Word (the Bible) and other people whom He has regenerated as well. I can discern more and more what is of Him and what isn't.

I must wind up my post here, as I am getting impatient with the whole idea of blogging to myself. What insights are to be gained by my continuance of this futile exercise in self-aggrandizement?  

None.




No comments: