Thursday, September 1, 2005

ONCE AGAIN, LINUX CAN'T GET ME THERE

Hey! What's all this hype about Linux being a "better" alternative to Windows? I'm here to tell you: it is AN alternative. But I am not ready to tout it wholeheartedly as anything superior.

You see, for the past few months, I have been trying Mandriva Linux 10.0 on my computer. In all my dozens of attempts to visit various major websites, I have succeeded...once! I was able to visit FoxNews.com, MSN.com, Apple.com...even my blog!!! But alas, that lone Wednesday evening has proven to be a single ripple in the cosmos, a one-shot deal. Before I try the latest version of a Linux distribution, I will reluctantly recommend it to the adventurous "hacker" (the benevolent variety).

Recommend Linux? "That does not compute." (robot on "Lost in Space")

1 comment:

Isil said...

just 2 things, never explain a joke and know that in Argentina Pete means blowjob