Monday, May 28, 2018

WHEN DID "BLOGGER.COM" BECOME "BLOGGER.NL"?

Hmmm...

This is "one of those things" indeed.

I logged into my blog, as usual, and found an annoying popup banner persisting over the top of my blog! Well, you can imagine my concern when it was written in Dutch, and was requesting my permission to allow their "services" to use cookies on my computer, yada, yada, yada...

I say "Dutch" because the new URL says ".nl" instead of ".com." I presume NL stands for Netherlands.

Plus, my efforts to visit peter2blog.blogspot.com redirect my address bar to http://peter2blog.blogspot.nl/ ... every time!

So, long story short, I "OKed" this transition out of cautious skepticism... Now all I have to do is OK the cookies permission inside the English dialog popup. I guess.

Stay tuned.

No comments: