Wednesday, July 20, 2011

BE WELL-READ

I cannot think of more valuable advice at the moment than that. Be well-read. Grab any book, magazine, or newspaper article you want and read it! Feed your soul!

Now that that's off my chest, I can focus on my previous subject matter: James White's warning to those who believe Jesus meant "this generation!"(Matthew 24:34)

I really hate to disappoint Dr. White, and any other opponent of preterism.  But the more they condemn us, anathematize us, and so on, the more I feel led to investigate its claims, read its main proponents (Don Preston, Ed Stevens, et al), listen to and watch its audio and video presentations, and consider it a viable if not only sane/reasonable option!

Someone help us out!

I am overwhelmed when I think of the Scriptures that clearly teach "the end of the age" as the end of the Old Covenant world of Jewish religion and life in favor of a "better way."(Hebrews 7:22)

No comments: