Friday, November 6, 2009

CALLING ALL ARMINIANS: READ THE WHOLE BIBLE!!!

In scouring YouTube for James White videos yesterday, I came across an alarming headline in the Related Videos frame: "Calling All Calvinists: A Call to Repentance." If that's not a provocative statement, I don't know what is.

Over the course of yesterday and today, I have watched all four videos in the series. Wow! How can such a talented and beautiful Christian sister be so hateful and wrong about so many things in one--let alone four--videos? She snarls, hisses, and spits her vitriol continually throughout the series at the name and adherents of "Calvinism." I put that in quotes because she has so grossly misrepresented it that I cannot equate true Calvinism with her sick caricature of it.

Her persistent, out-of-context misapplication of Scripture is indeed breath-taking. I took the time to watch and see if she could convince me of how sinful and deceived I was, but she failed. Miserably.

The one question I have is this: why is she condemning and judging John Calvin and those who dare to agree with him on many things about God, while calling "Calvinists" to stop judging and condemning? Gosh, sounds kinda hypocritical to me.

Thank God there are many sound, Biblical responses to Monica Dennington's viscious attacks on us Christians--oops, I meant Calvinists. Many of them reside in Google's search results.

Here is one of the best. This is what real Calvinism looks like!

No comments: