Saturday, May 27, 2006

A RANDOM POST

Thanks to all who commented on my recent posts.  They are much appreciated.

Regarding the features and advantages of using the Tekka template from Blogger.com, I thought it was too stark but simple enough to do the job. However, when I found another template (Powell Street) at http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com, I liked it best of all the others on that page.

Here is a little lesson in hyperlinking from your blog post (which I learned while doing this one!):
  1. Highlight the text you wish to hyperlink.
  2. Click the Hyperlink button in the toolbar.
  3. Enter the desired address of the hyperlink.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Depress the Bullet Points button in the toolbar, or else every new paragraph WILL BE A BULLET POINT!!! (This last one was for me because it is very tricky business to make a list like this.)
There. Now a new problem arises.  Every new line that you type will be completely hyperlinked until you do the following:

  1. Go back and select (highlight) all the text that it (the Blogger Post Editor) is hyperlinking (that you don't want hyperlinked).
  2. Click the Hyperlink button in the toolbar.
  3. Delete any text from the address bar of the JavaScript pop-up window.
  4. Click OK.
By double-spacing, you disable the bullet-point feature and return to standard paragraphs. Whew!

 I will now go back and follow my instructions to de-hyperlink this entire lesson!

No comments: