Saturday, February 4, 2017

RANDOM POST

Now, before anyone goes "postal" (a dated reference to a mass shooting by a disgruntled employee at a USPS facility), I want to air out or vent a concern I have about my mental health (no, really), after having worked at several call centers over the past few years.

I have heard about studies showing the deleterious effects of long-term exposure to computer screens, or television screens for that matter, upon the eyes and brain. It purportedly "rewires" our brains to think differently in ways that are counterintuitive if not stupid.

Which explains why "unplugging" is such a healthy recreational activity for the well-connected. So, as soon as I finish this blog post, I will obligingly sign off and resume recreational activity number one: YouTube!

Thanks for visiting.

No comments: