Wednesday, April 22, 2009

MEXICAN HISTORY UNCLIPPED

This past Monday, while I was driving around looking for work, I was listening to the radio (I think it was KFLR or K-LOVE) and heard the announcer play this clip from "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre," wherein a famous line was uttered.

The famous "We don't need no stinking badges" disclaimer was first, though differently, stated by the actor Alfonso Bedoya playing the character Gold Hat. In the movie, Humphrey Bogart asks Gold Hat if he and his men are police. Gold Hat replies with the immortalized "I don't have to show you any stinking badges."

I think because the announcer, whose name I do not know, laughed and thought it was so funny, I shared in his delight at the irreverence and defiance in the character himself.

Well, that's all the multimedia mayhem for now. More to come...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my message if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at peter2blog.blogspot.com could repost it.

Thanks,
James

PETER RAMIREZ said...

I just went to this clip via the link ("stinking badges") and played it. Maybe trying again will work. :)

PETER RAMIREZ said...

Ooops! I forgot to thank you for visiting Worldview Window. Many happy returns.