Tuesday, August 3, 2010

REFORMED PRETERIST

The nice thing about having a blog is you can post a well-(or at least, much-)thought out piece about whatever you want.

In this post, I want to register my concern about my own view of the Second Coming of Christ.

I understand and embrace the preterist view of Christ coming in judgment in 70AD. Jesus did say,"Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.(Matthew 24:34)

Amen.

Yet, I am currently struggling with the Scripture in 1 Corinthians 11:26.

"For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. "

Well, since He came in judgment on Jerusalem (and the Old Testament/Covenant) in 70 A.D. , then why do we still celebrate the Lord's death if He came already?

Hmmm... Makes me wonder how preterist I can be. This is a wonderful dilemma because it forces me to search the Scriptures, my heart, and other people's insights into what the Word of God really teaches. Of course, my prayer is that the Holy Spirit would guide me to all truth, in Jesus name.

I go back to the cross, back to the old Protestant Reformation mantra: reformata et semper reformanda.

Reformed and always reforming.

No comments: