Wednesday, February 25, 2009

OBAMA ON GOOGLE VIDEO

Well, in the interest of upholding the spirit of "fairness," I would like the cyber world to know that I watched or listened to the entire Google Video of President Obama's speech this evening.

The two comments he made which stood out in my mind more than all others were:

"I get it."

"We Americans don't do what is easy. We do what is necessary to move the country forward."

 The exact context of the first comment was indeed easy to get: Americans are fed up with bankers who should not have loaned money incorrectly/unethically to otherwise unqualified people who could not repay/afford their mortgages.  

The second comment came toward the end of his speech, when he was encouraging the country to take the initiative to solve these immense economic problems.

Well, in case you missed the live speech like I did, here's the link to YouTube




1 comment:

Jim S. said...

I watched Obama's speech to the graduating class at ASU this week. Good speech! He was able to take the criticism about his lack of experience and turn it in his favor. A point that his critics should keep in mind.