Thursday, May 31, 2012

OUR FUTURE IS IN GOD'S HANDS

Speculating about my future, by extension, is speculating about our future.

I am listening to (and watching) Alex Jones' live video feed (rerun) of his coverage/"reportage" of the Bilderberg Group meeting in Chantilly, Virginia this week. I was inspired to think maybe a global conspiracy such as the Bilderberg Group would explain the unexplainable.

Why do depressions, recessions, recoveries, prosperity, and poverty happen? Is it not because of our depravity as a fallen human race in the world created by God but allowed to fall because of our sin? Is it not because we war and lust against one another? (James 4)

Would not "spiritual wickedness in high places"(Ephesians 6:12) explain this mysterious cycle of rising and falling empires?

I know God is in control. But I feel and believe He allows his creatures (us) to make decisions for good or ill based on our natures, sinful or sanctified. Perhaps it is worth my while to speculate on the possibility that my economic welfare is, yes, ultimately in God's hands. But it is also affected by the "powers that be"(Romans 13:1) which He has ordained.

If I keep that in mind, then Bilderberg, do your worst!

No comments: