Thursday, May 25, 2006

THIRTY-FIVE MILLION AND COUNTING

Okay, here is another post by this very occasional blogger. It takes a lot (apparently) of inspiration to get me to sit here and type a message to some indiscriminate mass of readership which I will (may) never see in this life. But because I am a Christian, and believe all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28)--whew--, this is hopefully not just another "futile" attempt at becoming one of the many (35 million) souls who yearn, nay, starve for attention from other human beings who read blogs. I must admit I read very few blogs, mainly HughHewitt.com and others associated with it.

Well, that's enough introductory blogposting. I'll just carry on with the rest of my post.

It seems there are 35 million blogs on the web today, according to Jeremy Wagstaff of the Wall Street Journal Online.

I had to start a new paragraph because the blog editor wouldn't stop underlining and hyperlinking my text! But I found out the underlining doesn't show up after the hyperlink in the published post.

In any event, let's try an experiment: FOX NEWS ...there, no underlining or hyperlinking after the hyperlink! Success.

As I was saying, here is an article (see the Wall Street Journal Online) about the glut (that's overabundance, for those of you in Rio Linda) of blogs on the Internet. There is no human way possible to read ALL THOSE BLOGS!!! Therefore, as Mr. Wagstaff suggests, one must consult an aggregator website such as BlogBridge.com. to make any sense of it all. Frankly, I haven't gone there myself. But if I just click the link, why I'll be there in mere moments... yecch! Chaff and wheat.

Anyway, if you are reading this, please post a comment (unless you're an automated comment generator from deep cyberspace).

No comments: